Healthy Sleep Solutions understands the frustration that you may be feeling if your patient is unable to tolerate CPAP. What you can expect from our office:
- We follow American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) Clinical Practice Guidelines for treating snoring and sleep apnea as well as the Florida Medical Board.
- As we continue to see great results with the use of Oral Appliances, we also recognize that the CPAP is still the gold standard in treating Sleep Apnea.
- We will always require a referral, prescription, LOMN, and diagnosis from your patient’s sleep doctor or primary care doctor.
- We will always send follow up letters so you can follow along with your patient’s treatment.
- Oral Appliance Therapy is not for everyone, and we will inform the patient that Oral Appliance Therapy may not work for them based on our clinical findings.
- Following final calibration of the oral appliance, patient will be referred back to the physician for an overnight sleep test with oral appliance in place to ensure satisfactory therapeutic benefit.
- Follow up protocol with patient after initial oral appliance delivery will be at 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and then annually.
- We are committed to continuing education for sleep apnea, oral appliance therapy, and reading the latest research papers on sleep studies.
- We take time to educate patients on the adjunct treatment options such as bed wedges, nasal cones/strips, sleep masks, diet/weight loss, and proper sleep hygiene.
- We always use the highest quality appliances and we provide different appliance options to suit your patient’s needs based on clinical findings.
- We are participating providers with Medicare and Tricare. We work with and directly bill all major medical insurance plans. Insured and noninsured alike, will be provided a financial disclosure prior to beginning treatment.
Dr. Acosta specializes in oral appliances to treat sleep apnea and snoring and enjoys meeting with physicians and their team to educate on Oral Appliance Therapy and how Healthy Sleep Solutions can be a resource for you and your patients.
If this is something you feel will benefit your office and would like to schedule a lunch and learn please call (407) 338-4668 to schedule.
*Please note, when referring a patient to our offices, we need a copy of the patient’s Diagnostic Sleep Study and a prescription. (see below)